As full-service siding contractors in Ambler, Vince Hee Roofing provides a full range of siding options including, vinyl, HardiPlank, cedar and CertainTeed siding, all of which are designed to keep the exterior of your home in wonderful shape and looking amazing. Like any home improvement project, the purchase of new siding can be fraught with confusion, hidden costs and unnecessary headaches if you use the wrong contractors. So when the time comes to seek the services of siding specialists, it’s in your best interest to be prepared with the questions and concerns most likely to impact your situation.
- How much is this going to cost? Depending on the scope of your project and the materials to be used, your costs may vary. Before committing to a siding contractor, get a thorough bid that accounts for all expenses, including materials, labor and any other taxes or costs associated with the project. If a deposit is required, you’ll want to know that, too.
- Are you insured? One thing you really don’t want happening on your property is an accident involving an uninsured worker. If your contractor doesn’t have worker’s compensation insurance, you might be stuck paying for his injuries. Similarly, a contractor with no liability insurance will leave you having to eat the cost of any damage to your property. Finding an insured contractor will be your best bet.
- Is there a warranty for my new siding? More often than not, there will be a warranty for your new siding. This can come in the form of a manufacturer’s warranty for the materials or a guarantee that the contractor has provided quality work. Find out about the terms and conditions of any warrantees before choosing a contractor to ensure you’re getting the best coverage and the most benefits.
- Can you provide references from past customers? Having new siding installed is a major undertaking, in terms of the scope of the project, the time it takes and the money it costs. You want to be sure you’re choosing a reputable, respectable contractor with a history of high-quality work and happy customers. Any contractor that won’t provide references is probably not worth working with. While you can often find a lot of information online, getting the names and numbers of some earlier customers allows you to ask questions and find out a little more about the contractor.
- Are you locally owned and operated? Sometimes it’s not always clear where the buck stops. When it’s your house that’s being worked on, you want to know that the contractors you’re talking to have a relationship with your community and are invested in their work because they’re accountable to their neighbors. A locally owned and operated business is likely to provide better service, be more responsive and take responsibility for their work.
We at Vince Hee Roofing pride ourselves on fine workmanship, dedicated customer service and maintaining a good relationship with our community. If you have questions or concerns about your siding project, call your experienced siding contractors in Ambler. We’re glad to help!