When it comes time for you to replace your roofing, it is imperative that you choose a quality roofing contractor in Ambler. Ending up with the wrong company could mean paying well over the amount you should for less than quality work. If you have never hired a roofing company before you may not know where to begin. In case you need some advice, here are five tips for finding a reputable roofing contractor:
- Professionalism: Only consider hiring a roofing contractor in Ambler if they exhibit a high level of professionalism. This means that they should have a stable business address, phone number and website, and be courteous over the phone. Some contractors have no address because they are actually not a legal company. A professional company should also be up front about experience and whether they are insured and bonded. Avoid companies operating without insurance. Professionalism ensures that you will not end up with a company that is operating illegally.
- Local: Choosing a local company offers many benefits. In addition to supporting a business in your community, it also helps guarantee that they are easily reachable if any problems develop after the new roof is put on. Local businesses tend to offer high quality customer service, since they have a local reputation to protect. Avoid regional companies that are difficult to track down once the work is completed.
- Reputation: It is pretty easy to research the reputation of a company. Check with the Better Business Bureau, read online reviews and ask any company you consider hiring for local referrals. Stay away from companies that have a long track record of poor quality service. Just about any contractor relies on their positive reputation, and most will be happy to back up their work with positive referrals.
- Shop around: Take your time to shop around. Call and interview several companies before choosing one. Your final decision most likely will be based on whether the company is professional, local, has a good reputation and can work within your budget. Be aware of simply basing your choice on low cost, since this can result in lower quality work than you deserve. Get price quotes from several companies, and think hard about your final choice.
- Get it in writing: Do not hire a roofing contractor in Ambler if they will not offer a written price quote, and more importantly, once you hire a company, make sure everything is written out in the form of a contract. This will protect both you and the company from any misunderstandings. Make sure the contract is specific about things like pricing, guarantees and whether subcontractors will be used. There are some less than scrupulous companies out there that purposely avoid putting things in writing—do not fall victim to their tricks.
Following these tips, you should have no trouble at all finding a quality roofing contractor. Just remember to take your time with research and the interview process to ensure you have several good options to choose from. If you are considering replacing your roof and want an in-home estimate, consider calling Vince Hee Roofing today.