If you are planning to possibly put your current house on the market sometime in the next few years, then you are probably looking for ways to maximize the value of your home. While there are dozens of big and small improvements that can be made to any home before selling it, one great way to ensure bang for your buck is to invest in new roof installation in Ambler.
Of course, if you have a brand new roof, this won’t apply to you, but if your roof is already 15 years old or more, then this pre-selling home improvement is practically a no-brainer. Here are five different benefits you can count on when you invest in new roof installation in Ambler before selling your home:
- Increase value: Of course, one of the most compelling reasons to make virtually any improvement on your home before selling is the increased home value that comes along with it. Yes, you will have to invest a good chunk of change up front, but according to Remodeling Magazine, a new roof can increase a home’s value by the national average of $12,777. Even if your new roof initially costs more than that, the return on investment is still highly attractive.
- Attract more buyers: The real estate market is generally divided into two camps: those buyers who love a good fixer upper, and those who want to do as little work on a new house as possible. A new roof will certainly attract more of the latter type, and give the former the chance to get excited about more creative changes they could potentially make.
- Increase safety: If you plan to sell a single family home, then you cannot underestimate how important safety will be in the selling of your house. Families looking at a potential house are going to highly value safety, and a shoddy old roof certainly is not safe. Make sure your home’s safety cannot be called into question by investing in a new roof.
- Add curb appeal: If you have ever bought or sold a house before, then you likely understand the meaning and significance of “curb appeal,” or how appealing a house looks when viewed outside from the curb. Whether your old roof is visibly damaged or just out of date, your curb appeal can likely be kicked up a few notches by a brand new roof.
- Pass inspection: It is important to keep in mind that many real estate buyers will not agree to a final sale until the house has reached a safety and quality inspection to their satisfaction. An old, weak or damaged roof can often be a deal breaker in these inspections. Make sure your house passes with flying colors by investing in a new roof before putting your home on the market.
Whether or not you plan to sell your home soon, you have plenty to gain by getting in touch with Vince Hee Roofing, your source for roof installation in Ambler.