Whether you are investing in minor repairs or buying an entirely new roof, preparing your home, family and neighbors for having work done on your roof can be stressful. However, it is imperative that you put in the necessary effort in preparing, as failing to do so can result in damaged belongings, angry neighbors and even compromised safety for your family.
As a roofing contractor in Ambler, we here at Vince Hee Roofing have seen the positive difference that comes from a little bit of forethought. Here’s a look at the key things you should do to prepare for a roofing contractor in Ambler:
- Set up temporary housing: Your need for temporary housing depends on the extent of the roofing job, but it is never a bad idea to secure a local hotel, short term rental or friend’s extra bedrooms for your family to use during the most critical parts of the process. Even if it seems like a relatively small job from the outset, you might want to have alternative housing set up in case the job turns out to be more extensive than you first thought.
- Cover furniture and valuables: Even the most conscientious and organized roofing contractor in Ambler can still have a messy accident, which is why you should keep all your furniture covered as much as possible while the job is being completed. If you have any special art or other valuable items, you might even want to find a temporary home for them, to ensure they are safe from debris.
- Talk to your kids: Whether you will be living elsewhere or not, it is important that you explain to your kids what is going on with your roof, and tell them that you will need them to be extra cooperative during this stressful time. If you will be living in the house for all or part of the construction, make sure that you mark any dangerous areas as clearly off limits to the kids.
- Communicate with neighbors: The noise that comes along with any type of construction can be disruptive to neighbors, no matter how careful and polite your contractors are. To curb any type of resentment, put in the effort to talk to your neighbors about the roofing job before it starts, and ask them to come to you first with any issues they might have during the construction process.
- Nail down a budget: Any decent contractor will give you a fairly accurate quote before construction begins, but things can still get unpredictable during the construction process. Work with your contractor, spouse and financial planner to nail down a concrete budget ahead of time, with plenty of wiggle room built in to cover you in case any unexpected issues arise.
If you are looking for a roofing contractor in Ambler who will get things done quickly and stick to the budget, then we invite you to please get in touch with Vince Hee Roofing anytime. We look forward to hearing from you.