If you plan to replace your roof soon, you are probably putting a lot of thought into what design and shape of roof would be ideal for your home. While each roof design comes with its own pros and cons, one roof design that is becoming more and more popular these days is flat roofing in Ambler. As a roofing contractor with years of experience, we here at Vince Hee Roofing have seen firsthand how a home can benefit from a new flat roof. Here are the six key reasons why you should consider flat roofing in Ambler for your home:
- Accessible: If you need to clear out your gutters, hire someone to shovel snow on your roof or climb onto the roof yourself to inspect a problem, there is no more convenient design out there then the flat roof. Anyone who accesses it will be safe, and you shouldn’t have any problem locating any issues that need to be addressed.
- Affordable: Because most flat roofs do not require shingles or any other adornments, flat roofs are among the most financially reasonable choices you could make when selecting a roof design. And although you are saving on materials, you will not be skimping on quality. Those who desperately need a new roof but are worried about affording it should consider this option.
- Durable: Most roofs can be counted on to last two decades, or 25 years at best. Flat roofs, on the other hand, can easily last 30 years or longer. This is because flat roofs do not have to contend with the elements the same way that pointed or shaped roofs do. They may not be the most decorative choice on the market, but they are certainly the most practical.
- Wind resistant: During a bad storm, it is not uncommon for traditional roofs to endure severe wind damage, especially if they have shingles. Fortunately, flat roofs are symmetric with the ground and rarely have decorative details, meaning they do not incur nearly as much wind damage.
- Spacious: Those who need extra space on the roof to place air conditioning units, ventilation and other important pieces of equipment will find that flat roofs are most accommodating to their needs. This is why flat roofs are so popular for commercial properties, but residential buildings can certainly benefit as well.
- Stylish: Finally, we know that a flat roof is not what typically springs to mind as the most stylish or charming option. But if you have a ranch house, or a house that is built in the midcentury modern style, a flat roof can enhance the already clean lines and minimalist look of your home.
Those looking for a roofing option that is unique, practical, affordable, enduring and even stylish should certainly consider flat roofing in Ambler. For more information about the benefits and logistics of having a flat roof, please do not hesitate to get in touch with the team of contractors at Vince Hee Roofing.