Looking to redo your roof in 2016? If so, you will want to make the most out of this investment by making sure your new roof looks toward the future, not back to the past. As an experienced, locally owned and operated roofing contractor, we here at Vince Hee Roofing have our fingers on the pulse on what is hot and not in roofing design in Ambler, and we are eager to share this knowledge with our valued clients. Here is a closer look at our top five favorite trends for roof designing in Ambler in 2016:
- Environmental friendliness: If you are planning to possibly sell your house anytime in the next decade, listen up: the more environmentally friendly and efficient your house is, the more attractive it will be for potential buyers. Beyond this, using environmentally friendly roofing materials will reduce your own environmental footprint and help lower your utility bills. When it comes to roof design, efficient designs, efficient materials and sustainable construction practices are all here to stay in 2016.
- Lighter shades: When you read or hear the word “roof,” what image springs to mind? If you see the traditional darkly colored shingle roof, then it is time to rethink your idea of modern roofing. Lighter shades, such as whites, grays, beiges and even light blues, are becoming more and more popular for the roofing industry. Not only will these lighter colors give your home a softer, warmer look, but they will also attract less heat to your house, keeping you cooler in the summertime.
- Reflective roofs: If you prefer to keep a more traditional, darkly shaded roof, then you might want to try another tactic to keep your house cool: reflective materials. Coatings made of latex, silicone, acrylic and even polyurethane are all great ways to keep your roof cooler, and thus increase your home’s efficiency.
- Flat roofs: Although trends are all about the future of design, it is important to keep in mind that design is inherently cyclical. Such is the case which flat roofs, which were very popular during the midcentury modern design era, which favored clean lines above all else. These roofs are beginning to see a rebirth in popularity, as is modern interior decorating. If you want your house to be a blast from the past and a nod to current style all at the same time, consider having a flat rood installed.
- Sheet metal roofs: Another byproduct of the sustainability trend, sheet metal roofs are becoming more and more popular for both commercial and residential buildings. If you are looking for a roof that will last a long time—40 years, as opposed to about 25 years for a traditional roof—give your home a low carbon footprint and make you a trailblazer, then a sheet metal roof for your home is the way to go.
For more information about trends in roof designing in Ambler, please get in touch with the team of professionals at Vince Hee Roofing anytime.